10 months, 1 week ago Lena BurkutMember
It can be fun to organised if you have a particular penchant for interior decor. Wall shelves are the perfect choice for the interiors of modern-day urban homes where lack of space can often cause storage problems. In fact, wall shelves can easily accommodate your new flat screen television if there is no space for a traditional TV cabinet. Check out the latest tv cabinets from Urban Ladder for a variety of designs. Meanwhile, we have here for you an assortment of wall shelves design.
Unique wall shelf designs for the new home:
• Kitchen wall shelves: These shelves allow you to use the most of your space without letting your kitchen get cluttered. Kitchen shelves are great for storing everyday essential crockery and ensuring that these can be reached easily. All of the surfaces can be used, including the underside, increasing storage and giving a personal tone to the kitchen. Hooks can be added underneath to hang cutlery and mugs and cups.
• Adjustable perforated shelf: This is a modular kind of shelving system which has a metal body that is perforated. You can add both storage and colour to your room using this shelf. Each set contains two shelves which can be arranged in any design. Thus you can reconfigure and relocate them according to your requirements. These are more durable than wire-meshed shelves and will not damage your interior due to smooth edges.
• Corner shelves: The features of this shelf make it quite versatile, saving space and adding to functionality. These are most suitable for rooms where space has to be used in only one manner. If floating, these will wrap around the corner, saving more space. In fact corner shelves add storage space that is easily accessible without reducing the already existing space. These are of many types such as shower shelves, floating corner shelves, glass corner shelf units and so on. Corner shelves are multifunctional in the sense that these not only provide utility but also give an appeal of sophistication to the room.
• Floating shelves: These shelves have brackets that are invisible, thus deceiving people into believing that these are floating on the wall. Floating shelves have several sub-categories too, like the triangular floating shelves, hexagonal floating shelves, metal floating shelves and invisible bookshelves. These are becoming increasingly popular for contemporary homes. You can use their undersides too. These shelves have clean lines which give the impression of extra space. Quite easy to install, these can be attached to the wall using the brackets provided. These are best to be used in in-filled spaces where cabinets would consume too much space.
• Diamond cross planes shelf: If your interior has the decor of geometric patterns, this kind of wall shelves design would be just perfect for you. The perfect amalgamation of technology and art, diamond wall shelves are shock absorbent with a strong feature system for support.
While buying a wall shelf or shelves, prioritise the purpose. The structure of the wall shelf should be modelled depending upon the items to be stored. For example, if the shelf is for antiques or photographs, a lightweight shelf might do, while a bookshelf must have a sturdy frame. Among these five different types, you will find the right kind of shelf to suit your needs.