1) Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
2) Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
3) Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
4) Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
5) Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
5) Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.