1 week ago tika dikaMember
Types of Windows that open
Today it is difficult to imagine a house without Windows, although there are examples in the world that lack this familiar architectural detail. There are also homes whose owners, due to an unfortunate neighborhood, decided not to install Windows in the usual direction, preferring the installation of several dozen anti-aircraft lamps made of matte acrylic. A striking example of this is the concrete house in Hiroshima. Personally, I can’t imagine a comfortable home without high-quality daylight and fresh air, and our need for this is best met by Windows. They can be made of wood or plastic, have a variety of shapes and open in different directions. This is what Windows are like in the direction of opening, and we will talk about it today.
As a rule, in multi-storey buildings, the same type of white metal-plastic Windows are installed, which can be opened on themselves (a swing leaf) or up (a folding leaf). Very often, half of the window does not open at all, this is called “blind sash”.
In fact, there are many more ways to open the doors, and some of them are very convenient and are more actively used in private households. Below is a description of each method + a visual opening diagram.
You can order tilt and turn windows from us https://glawindows.com/
1. A blind fold. Such a leaf does not assume the possibility of opening. As a rule, such sashes are installed in shop Windows, in combined window systems, when some sash opens, and some does not. This sash complicates the process of cleaning the outside of the window and does not allow the room to be ventilated.
2. The rotary way of opening the valves (rotary wing). These Windows can open inside the room or out. This is a fairly common type of window that opens. One side of this window is fixed on hinges. To open the window, you need to pull the handle, after which it opens with a turn around the fixed axis. The cost of such Windows is quite low, and they are quite popular in the market of modern Windows.
3. Folding method of opening the flaps (flap). The method of opening the doors described above is often combined with a folding one, since it allows, depending on the desire of the owner, to open the window in the mode of easy airing up or open. Window manufacturers provide the ability to rotate the handle in different directions for a particular opening direction. Opening by turning the handle in a horizontal position, folding-in a vertical position. I would like to say that in cheap Windows very often the sashes jam when turning the handles, which I had to deal with when renting an apartment in a new building. It is better to choose a more durable and high-quality option, as on oknawam.ru.
4. Suspended method of opening the doors (suspended sash). In this case, the sash opens at the bottom of the window. It is very important that this window is also performed efficiently, since the risk of pinching your fingers is quite high.
5. Turning on the vertical axis, the method of opening the valves (turning on the vertical axis wing). This window can be opened to the right or left side, with part of the window facing out, and the other — inside the apartment. This type of leaf can not be called the most popular, because it is not too convenient.
6. Turning on the horizontal axis the method of opening the valves (turning on the horizontal axis of the wing). Everything is similar to method number five, only the window opens up and down, not sideways.
7. Sliding method of opening the doors (sliding sash). This is a very convenient method, since you can open the window to any width and it is safer if there is a cat in your house. Few people know that opening the window to the upper airing is potentially dangerous for cats, as they try to get out, slide down and break their spines (there are thousands of reported cases in the world). Plastic Windows are slippery, animals have nothing to catch their claws on.
8. Folding method of opening the doors (folding sash). In this case, the window is easily folded according to the type of accordion. These Windows look quite original, and with proper design, you can create a very beautiful window composition.