Yes, it is healthy to eat an apple during pregnancy. In fact, it is very healthy for women during early stages of pregnancy till late-pregnancy. It is also highly recommended by doctors.
Benefits of Eating Apple During Pregnancy:
- Apples, in general, are useful in cleansing and detoxifying your body from mercury and lead.
- Apple protects the mother & child from anemia.
- Apple also lowers the chances of wheezing problems & asthma attacks when the child grows up.
- Apples are rich in insoluble fiber, thereby it helps in digestion, providing better metabolism in pregnant women, reduces intestinal disorders.
Recommended Time to Eat Apple?
- Preferably along with breakfast. Apples as evening snacks are also recommended.
Tips to select right apples to eat during pregnancy:
- Custard apple is rich in nutrients, calories help to gain weight.
NOTE: It is always safe to consult your doctor before adding or removing any foods during pregnancy.
Alternatives to Apple:
If you’re allergic to apple you can also use these alternatives.
- Pears – contain several nutrients such as antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Green Grapes – Pregnant women can eat green grapes regularly, provided you do not have gestational diabetes, as it is high in glucose and fructose.