Yes, it is healthy to eat the banana during pregnancy as it’s rich in calcium, potassium, etc.
Benefits of Eating banana During Pregnancy:
- Banana reduces anemia, cures constipation, the good source of calcium which are good for bones.
- Banana has vitamin B6 which helps in neurotransmission, increases growth of RBC, has Vitamin C
- Banana is a good source of protein for vegetarians, reduces nausea, very good blood pressure stabilizer
- Banana can be had as a full meal itself sometimes, it is a stress buster.
- Banana also maintains sugar level & cholesterol levels, it also gives energy to breastfeeding moms.
Recommended Time to Eat banana?
- Preferably in evenings than in mornings.
Tips to select right bananas to eat during pregnancy:
- Any banana is good for health.
NOTE: It is always safe to consult your doctor before adding or removing any foods during pregnancy.
Alternatives to banana:
If you’re allergic to banana you can also use these alternatives.
- Avocado – contain several minerals, antioxidants, dietary fiber & vitamins very good for pregnancy.