Yes, it is healthy to eat grape during pregnancy if you don’t have gestational diabetes.
Benefits of Eating grape During Pregnancy:
- Grapes help to improve immunity & help cope with body changes during pregnancy.
- Grapes control arthritis & asthma as it has anti-inflammatory property & hydrating ability, prevents constipation with fiber, controls cholesterol, protects the heart.
- Grapes maintain hemoglobin levels, also help in eyesight, memory & cerebral circulation.
- Grapes are rich in vitamin A, C, K, & B.
Disadvantages of Grape during Pregnancy:
- People who are having Diabetes mellitus, Obesity, Susceptible to allergies & Indigestion must avoid Grapes.
Recommended Time to Eat grape?
- Preferably along with breakfast. grapes as evening snacks are also recommended.
Tips to select right grapes to eat during pregnancy:
- Grapes can be taken as whole or as juice.
NOTE: It is always safe to consult your doctor before adding or removing any foods during pregnancy.
Alternatives to grape:
If you’re allergic to grape you can also use these alternatives.
- Oranges – Rich Source Of Vitamin C, Reduce Allergic Reactions & has Folate(folic acid)
- Starfruit – also a rich source of Vitamin C which is an antioxidant, also is rich in antioxidant phytonutrients polyphenolic flavonoids.