Yes, it is healthy to eat guava during pregnancy. In fact, it is very healthy for women during early stages of pregnancy till late-pregnancy. It is also highly recommended by doctors.
Benefits of Eating guava During Pregnancy:
- Guava helps in regulating blood sugar, maintain blood pressure, controls blood cholesterol, has iron.
- Guava also helps to reduce constipation, is a muscle & nerve relaxant, increases immunity, has folic acid that prevents neural tube defects, has calcium which is very important, prevents anemia.
- Guava helps in Fetal Development & also digestion.
Disadvantages of guava during pregnancy:
- Excess guava results in diarrhea.
- Consumption of unripe guava leads to a toothache, best to consume it in natural form as else it may be harmful.
Recommended Time to Eat guava?
- Preferably along with breakfast. guavas as evening snacks are also recommended.
Tips to select right guavas to eat during pregnancy:
- Very important to eat white pulp more than red, take a bite when you feel nauseous.
NOTE: It is always safe to consult your doctor before adding or removing any foods during pregnancy.
Alternatives to guava:
If you’re allergic to guava you can also use these alternatives.
- Pineapples – contains vitamin C which increases Immunity, produces collagen & also has manganese for bones.
- Strawberries – also contains vitamin C which is an antioxidant and also protect against cancer.