Yes, as it has lots of nutritional benefits. But it is advisable to consult a doctor before eating.
Benefits of Eating mango During Pregnancy:
- Mangoes have Vitamin A helps in vision, immune system, Fiber maintains digestive system, lowers blood pressure, contain Vitamin C which helps in development of resistance against harmful agents, etc
- Mangoes have potassium which helps control heart rate & blood pressure, Vitamin B6 helping in cognitive development & nerves.
- Mangoes also contain Copper which is a nutrient needed for blood cell formation. & folate which plays a major role during pregnancy.
Side effects of eating artificially ripe mangoes:
- There are many sides effects like drowsiness, confusion, disturbances in mood, upset stomach, headaches, dizziness, mouth ulcers, etc
Recommended Time to Eat mango?
- Preferably along with breakfast. Mangos as evening snacks are also recommended.
Tips to select right mangos to eat during pregnancy:
- Choose mangoes which are not the ones ripened with chemicals, artificially ripened ones will have black powdery or grayish white coating, feel soft, look ripe outside, but are raw & hard inside etc.
NOTE: It is always safe to consult your doctor before adding or removing any foods during pregnancy.
Alternatives to mango:
If you’re allergic to mango you can also use these alternatives.
Peaches – contain Vitamin C, Folic acid, Potassium, Fiber, etc
Nectarines – prevents blindness & helps appropriate Fetal growth.