Yes, it is Safe to eat apricot during pregnancy. In fact, it has all the important contents of protein, folic acid, iodine, calcium & iron.
Benefits of Eating apricot During Pregnancy:
- Apricots high content of iron, copper & cobalt prevents anemia.
- Dried Apricot also contain folic acid, potassium, calcium & magnesium which help the bowel to be active.
- Dried Apricot has the diuretic property that is used to treat swelling during pregnancy time. Apricot also helps in purification of blood.
- Dried Apricots help women who suffer from toxemia or heartburn when made as Compotes or decoctions.
Recommended Time to Eat apricot?
- Preferably along with breakfast. Apricots as evening snacks are also recommended.
Disadvantages of Eating apricot During Pregnancy:
- Having too much apricot may affect nerves, lead to dizziness, giddiness as well.
- Persons who are sensitive to sulfites better avoid apricot.
- It is not advisable to Apricot with seed tips as it might upset the system.
Tips to select right apricots to eat during pregnancy:
- Dried Apricot is the best for health. It is harmful to eat unripe apricot. Unripe Apricot can cause gastric upset.
NOTE: It is always safe to consult your doctor before adding or removing any foods during pregnancy.
Alternatives to apricot:
If you’re allergic to apricot you can also use these alternatives.
- Peaches – contain Vitamin C, Folic acid, Potassium, Fiber, etc
- Nectarines – prevents blindness & helps appropriate Fetal growth.