Pregnancy is the period when an off-spring is developing inside a woman. Pregnancy is a very important stage in a woman’s life. A woman becomes a mother, after getting pregnant. But getting pregnant is not that easy. These days many women have trouble, trying to conceive. Apart from sexual intercourse, you need to keep a check on your diet too, in order to get pregnant.
Food and fertility are interlinked with each other. You should always stick to a balanced diet, so as to have a healthy baby. Fruits, vegetables, milk, whole grains, are a must in your diet.
Women who are trying to conceive should first take proper care of their bodies. They should keep track of their menstrual cycle. They should have a proper body weight. If a woman is too thin, she can have a hard time conceiving, but if she is very heavy, her odds of conceiving is reduced. Women who are trying to conceive should avoid strenuous workouts, as frequent strenuous exercises can interfere with the process of ovulation. Women should even avoid alcohol and cigarettes completely. Women should even avoid unnecessary stress and pollutants and chemical exposures.
But most importantly they should eat healthy food. Eating a variety of healthy foods can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
So here are 13 diet tips, a woman should follow in order to get pregnant:
1. Your diet should contain calcium-rich foods, like milk, cheese and yoghurt. You should eat at least one of these items on a daily basis.
2. Your diet should contain vegetables, whole grains and fruits so that your body gets all the essential nutrients. Because if your body is deprived of sufficient nutrients, it can affect your periods, which can affect your ovulation.
3. You should include fish in your diet. Fish offers low-fat protein and omega-3 fatty acids to your body. Fish is considered as a nutritional powerhouse. You should eat low-mercury fish.
4. Women should avoid processed meat, raw or smoked meat.
5. If you are trying to conceive, then you should completely avoid drinking alcohol. Even your caffeine consumption should be less than 300 mg a day.
6. You should start eating prenatal vitamins. These vitamins ensure that your body has enough folic acid and other essential vitamins, in order to conceive a baby. If you are a vegetarian, then you must ensure that you should take foods rich in Vitamin D and B-12.
7. You should include beans and leafy greens in your diet. Beans provide proteins to your body and act as fertility boosters. Vegetables like spinach, broccoli, arugula and other dark leafy green vegetables have high quantities of folate which is a B vitamin that improves ovulation.
8. Women should avoid trans fat which is found in snacks, baked foods, animal products, as it increases insulin resistance in the body. High insulin level affects ovulation.
9. Women are advised to eat ice-creams in order to get pregnant. Women trying to conceive are advised to consume whole milk or eat milk products at least once every day. You shouldn’t remove the fat from the milk, as it affects the sex hormones thus affecting ovulation.
10. Women should cook using olive oil, wherever possible. You can put olive oil in your salad, and use it as a substitute for butter or cooking oil. Olive oil which contains monosaturated fat decreases inflammation, which increases your chances of getting pregnant.
11. Women who are trying to conceive should avoid soda and fruit juice as they contain high quantities of sugar and can raise the sugar level in your blood very quickly, thus hindering the process of ovulation.
12. Women should include protein rich foods like lean meat, fish, eggs, lentils in their diet.
13. Women trying to conceive should include iron-rich foods like red meat, whole wheat bread, and fortified breakfast cereals in their diet.