It’s no secret that celebrity weddings take place on a grand scale. Here are some of my favourite “malai” (garland) designs. The malai design is different for the muhurtham, nichyathaartam and reception.
1. Soundarya Rajnikanth and Ashwin go for a puffy malai for their muhurtham but keep it simple for the reception.
2. Karthik Sivakumar and his beautiful bride are adorned with a double malai – one made of jasmine and the other of roses.
3. Sakthi Vasu and his bride wear a blended malai.
4. Genelia D’Souza and Ritesh Deshmukh chose a traditional North Indian malai style
5. Jayam Ravi and Aarthi go for a full white malai made of jasmine with a rose bridge.
6. Allu Arjun and his bride wore a marigold malai.
7. Soundarya Rajnikanth and Ashwin also wore a full-on rose malai at their wedding reception.
8. Southern Siren Rambha and her groom are seen in a reddish rose malai.
Here are some more malai designs.
1. Sneha and Prasanna
2. Surya and Jothika
3. Jayam Ravi and Aarthi (again!)