Fulkopir Vada is special Recipes for Navratri 2013..This is can be considered
as naivedyam for golu pooja. Fulkopir Vada is a popular Bengali recipe prepared during Durga Puja.
• 1 cup Besan
• 1 Cauliflower
• 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
• 1/2 tsp Chili powder
• 1 tsp Oil
• Oil for deep-frying
• Salt to taste
Method for Fulkopir Vada
Step – 1 : Chop the cauliflower into small pieces.
Step – 2 : Boil in water heated in a pan to make the pieces soft.
Step – 3 : Combine besan and 1 tsp oil in a large bowl. Mix well.
Step – 4 : Add little water and prepare batter with thick consistency.
Step -5 : Add chili powder, poppy seeds and salt.
Step -6 : Beat the batter properly.
Step -7 : Dip softened cauliflower pieces into the batter.
Step -8 : Deep-fry in oil and remove.
Step -9 : Fulkopir Vada is ready.
Aloo Kachori for Navratri special
-> 1/2 kg Potatoes
-> 100 grams Arrowroot
-> 1 Coconut (grated)
-> 2-3 Green Chilies
-> 1 tsp Cardamom Seeds
-> 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
-> 1-2 tsp Sugar
-> Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Kachori – Methods for preparing Aloo Kachori
1. To make the covering of kachori, first boil and mash the potatoes. Mix the mashed potatoes with 50 grams of arrowroot and salt and knead the mixture into a stiff dough.
2. To make the filling, mix grated coconut with crushed green chilies, sugar, lemon, cardamom and salt.
3. To make kachori, take a small portion of the dough and pat between palms to make a small puri.
4. Now stuff this puri with coconut mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat the process to make rest of the kachoris.
5. Douse the balls in remaining arrowroot and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Aloo Kachoris are ready to be eaten. Serve them hot with chutney.
More on Navratri Special recipes