Among the most severe diseases for which women suffer, breast cancer tops the list. The cancer affects the tissue in the breast region and forms an unusual lump or an unusual mammogram. The lump, which may turn out to be a malignant tumor can spread to the other parts of the body. Breast cancer is of two types- lobular and ductal. The cancer which starts with the growth of a lobule is lobular carcinoma, and the one with begins at the duct is ductal carcinoma.
Studies show that ladies are more prone to breast cancer than men and are the most popular invasive cancer among them. While there are more than 200,000 women who are diagnosed with breast cancer, it is very important to bring awareness in the women on what causes breast cancer, and how one can safeguard oneself from it.
Breast cancer awareness merchandise is a unique way of supporting breast cancer awareness and is adopted by many organizations worldwide. The merchandise is a set of themed products that are produced and sold to individuals who wish to express their interest and spread the awareness about breast cancer. The most common products include pink ribbons, bracelets, t-shirts, candles, jewelry, and coffee mugs. These items not only satisfy the customer needs about also makes customers sever for a cause.
As a measure to spread awareness about breast cancer, here are a few tips to follow to prevent oneself from breast cancer:
- A good lifestyle: A perfect routine with timely food, proper exercise and good sleep can reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Limited alcohol: The more you consume alcohol, the more you are prone to breast cancer. Hence, completely avoiding or reducing the consumption of alcohol to minimum will definitely lower the risks of breast cancer.
- No smoking: Smoking can also affect the breast severely in addition to lungs and can lead to breast cancer. Hence, smoking should be completely avoided.
- Maintain proper weight: Obesity can lead to cancer. When it comes to breast cancer, it is must for one to keep a constant check on weight especially post menopause.
- Breast feeding: The best way to completely avoid breast cancer is to breastfeed your child as long as possible.
- Avoid Hormone Replacement Therapy: HRTs that have progesterone should be avoided especially after menopause.
- Estrogen blocking drug: Women with a family history of breast cancer can consider taking estrogen blocking drug to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Food: Natural food with high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals should be included in daily diet. Also, animal based should be avoided to maximum extent and must be replaced with vegetables.
- Practising yoga, regular walking and pranayama (breathing exercises) can also lower the risk of breast cancer.
- Regular breast massage with olive and coconut oil can reduce lump formations in the breast that may lead to cancer.
- Avoid pesticide sprayed veggies and fruits, as they are toxic and can change the composition of your DNA.
- Avoid birth control pills especially after 30 years of age. Long term usage of birth control pills can increase the risks of breast cancer.
- Delayed menopause can also lead to breast cancer. Thus, it is good to seek the advice of a gynaecologist if your menopause does not happen even after 55 years of your age.